World's first fully enabled Mobile Textphone for deaf and hard of hearing people, with legacy interconnect.
- Computing Award for Excellence
- Adopted by T-Mobile and Vodafone
Partnership to deliver a national E-SMS service to allow people to contact 999 Emergency Services via SMS.
- Launched in September 2009
- Worldwide first
Internet platform for real-time text with clients for Windows, Mobile and the Web.
- Conversational text to voice calls
- Interworks with PSTN textphones
A joint research and development project together with BBC R&D and funded by BIS (then DTI).
- Researching closed signing models
- Eye-gaze experiments
Moving the policy debate forward by means of a conference on access to the Information Society.
- Keynote by European Commissioner
- Attendees from across Europe